Hertfordshire Support groups
Angels Support Group - Angels is a parent led voluntary organisation and Registered Charity set up in North Hertfordshire to support parents and carers of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and/or Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
ADD-vance – ADD-vance is a constituted voluntary organisation set up in Hertfordshire in 1996 to support and empower adults, children and families with Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and related conditions in Hertfordshire.
HAND News – For news and information for parents and carers of Hertfordshire children with additional needs.
Herts Parent Carer Involvement – HPCI is the parent carer forum for Hertfordshire and part of a national network of parent carer forums. We are an independent parent carer led organisation with a network of parent carers from all over Hertfordshire. Our aim is to improve services for our families by working alongside those providing services for children and young people with SEND (Special educational needs and disabilities)
National Support groups
New SEN National Advice Service – The new SEN National Advice Service is part of Contact a Family’s integrated Helpline/Online service for families. It is staffed by experienced SEN advisers and is a one stop shop for parents and other family members caring for a child with special needs, on all education issues.
- Special Needs UK
- Information Advice and Support Services
- NASEN National Association for Special Educational Needs
- SOS! SEN – Independent Parent Helpline
- Special Needs Jungle – Parent-led Info & Discussion
- IPSEA – Independent SEN Advice for Parents
- All Kinds of Minds
- Sue Palmer – Radical Education Writer
- SEN Matters
Congenital Malanocytic Naevus (CMN)
Dyslexia & Literacy Support
Dyscalculia & Numeracy Support:
- Nurture Group Network
- Young Minds
- SEBDA – Social, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties Association
- Breakdown or Breakthrough? – NSPCC guide to Attachment Theory
- Mental Health and Behaviour in Schools – DFE Advice (2014)
Speech & Language Needs:
- NALDIC – National Association for Lang. Development in the Curriculum
- Talking Point
- Language is Hear to Say
- Heather’s Speech Therapy
- The Communication Trust
- DCSF Teaching Effective Vocabulary
Scoptopic Sensitivity & Visual Perceptual Difficulties: